Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Koop Island Blues....



In another life I would have been a dancer, contemporary dancer specifically.I love it!!Hiphop dance is cool and all but I love what contemporary dance does to the female body,plus the flexibility you gain.If I could just drop everything now and go to dance school I would!What I would give to be taught by Mia Michaels!She is a genius!Brilliant artistic mind!So sad that she's no longer on so you think you can dance.Hope she comes back,I love her choreography.
The clip above is of a routine that she choreographed on the show in season 5 and I just adore its cheekiness,lol.For reasons that will become evident after you've watched,its known as "the butt dance".She said it was a classic French inspired tale of two "cat and mouse" lovers.I think she interpreted it perfectly,Tom and Jerry immediately sprung to mind when I was watching it (but of course Tom was never in love with Jerry,lol,that would have been a bit weird), or the french movie "Priceless".I love the song she chose too;Koop Island Blues by Koop.
Maybe one day I shall buy a one way ticket to the U.S and enroll in some Dance school,but until then I shall save up for ballroom dance classes here and keep my dancing dreams alive by watching shows like these....sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment