Thursday, October 22, 2009

Best Before (insert date here).

Time has the uncanny way of making certain experiences stale.
I met my ex the other day and seeing him prompted a confused look to creep on to my face.I was thinking what did I like about him again?He's short and odd and we have nothing in common at all!!!I spoke to him for about 10 mins and a minute after I left him he wasn't on my mind anymore.But at the time we dated his appearance would get me all giggly and I'd be in heaven if he touched me.But 3 years later and he has no effect on me.Stale.
On Facebook I was found by two of my ex crushes.One from Primary school and the other from High school.
I had the biggest crush on Patrick in Primary,sigh.We danced together at my Std/Grade 6 disco,lol.I was so excited dressed in my Mini Mouse skirt and matching top.But alas it was like a Cinderella story...I went home straight after our dance and there wasn't enough time for us to kindle a love affair given that our final school term was ending.In my mind all these years he's been this magical tall guy I danced with in High School,I saw him on Facebook and in my head I heard the sound of shattering glass.Dream destroyed.He's not so fantastical after all.Stale.
In high school I destroyed my reputation (at least it felt that way at the time,lol) and self esteem over Michael.Sigh,Michael.I couldn't get enough of him.We shared classes together and I sat in front of him and his friend in maths,my favourite class of the day!His hair was the biggest deal about him.He had this wavy hair which was way cool for a black guy back then.I'd huddle with my dorm mates during prep time and we'd discuss our crushes,lol!It seems so stupid now.Sometimes the other girls would play love songs and hug their teddy bears and sometimes even cry,hahahahahahahaha!!!!My apologies if any of them read this but they looked like lunatics!!
Then during one of our many talks they convinced me to just bite the bullet and tell Michael how I felt about him and got me thinking yeah,he could like me back!So I went to him after dinner one day and said "Michael I have the biggest crush on you and I just think you're so hot!" He kinda just stared at me for a second and said "ummm ok thanks". Then for the remainder of the term he did his best to ignore me which was weird cz he sat behind me in maths.On top of that somehow everyone found out about it.sigh.I was so embarrassed and upset.Couldn't wait to leave the school!But now all that seems over the top and ridiculous.He looks nothing like the image I had in my head at the time.He's practically a different person.He's a nice guy though but I'd never be romantically attracted to him ever again,that I know for sure.Stale.
So today I was thinking about my Bestie and I'm wondering whether I'll think he's stale in a few years and I wonder if I'm stale to any guys out there,lol.I guess it just proves that people do change over time.My tastes have changed and their personalities have evolved.

No comments:

Post a Comment