Monday, September 7, 2009

Big Brother Africa 4

I am an shameless fan of this manufactured reality show so I was so excited to watch the premiere yesterday.
Talk about disappointing!!!
They have added 4 more countries to the house including Mozambique and Ethiopia.And those countries are notoriously known for beautiful women but what does big brother do?They bring men from those countries,ummmm,ok.
After they had introduced the 7th housemate,I thought ok,here come the women!But no,they came up with the brilliant idea of putting 12 men in the house for the first week.That's just not what it is.Too many men in one place is just weird.
In addition to that they had 2 female celebrity housemates to "make things interesting".One of them is Nonhle, a popular Channel O (africa's version of MTV) presenter and the other is a south African socialite (yes Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian have a following it seems) who married a rich old man,I forget her name,I jus call her the drag queen.They were both heavily made up and had the most badly done weaves Ive seen.The outfits were over the top and really unneccesary.Nonhle chose a cute strapless dress that didn't fit cz she had to keep doing the strapless shuffle (when a woman constantly raises her strapless dress or top to stop it from sliding down and causing a Janet Jackson wardrobe malfunction), while Drag queen wore a bright pink bedazzled top and matching tights.
The make-up was ridiculous,no black woman on mother earth has rosy cheeks!!!None!!I dare you to find one!!!The drag queen had eyelashes that could swat a fly and Nonhle had yellow nail polish on which had nothing to do with her outfit.I know fashionista's sometimes mismatch to match but she just looked like she wasn't sure what to wear.Sigh,we cant all be Rihanna now can we?
I hate it when women do that!aint nothing attractive (to me anyway) about looking like a clown.Make-up is supposed to enhance your beauty,not hide it.Keep it simple stupid!!!!And these women are representing other African women when they go out there,oh lawwwwd!!!
And in interviews they'll say stuff like "Im misunderstood and people always make the wrong judgements about me",yeeeeeaaaah,the way you dress you're kinda asking for it.Im jus saying....
Then they interviewed the past winners and one of them started a production company.His name is Richard and his company is called Richards Movie production company,hahahahaha!!!My cousins and I laughed so hard!!Really?thats the best name he could come up with?My cousins and I started suggesting possible names for our future companies.How's Brandy's Modelling agency?or Karen's Law firm?hahahahaha!!!hilarious!!!
But because I have alot of "watching paint dry" time,I shall probably watch the show anyway.SMH,shame on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment