Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Grown and sexy...

There's something so liberating about maturity.
I was once watching Oprah and she was interviewing Cate Blanchett (brilliant actress btw!) And in keeping with the age vs youth theme of the movie "The curious case of Benjamin Button", Oprah asked Cate if at her current age of 30-something she ever wishes she was younger. Cate said she's never had such a thought because she's never felt so confident, sure of herself and as whole physically, emotionally or mentally as she does now, and to trade it all for beauty and aimless youth just seems so futile.
At the time I didn't fully understand what the hell she meant,who wouldn't want to be prettier?
But I woke up one morning and it hit me out of the blue really.I don't want my youth back at all!
My younger years were full of alot of window dressing-trying to look mature and in the know when in fact I was completely clueless.There were a lot of cob webs too: self esteem issues, peer pressure (yes I fell for that nonsense) and general confusion.But now all that seems so silly and childish.
I feel prettier and dare I say sexier now than I did then.I feel like Im coming into my own now,becoming a woman for the lack of a better word.I am more aware of my body and I want to make sure it's healthy. My thoughts and actions and everything I do is to make sure I am happy.Selfish?Yes.But of course I am aware of other people and how I affect them too.
I am more sure, confident, at ease, in control and running the production that is my life.
And Im actually excited to see where this production is going...
Feels oh so fabulous!!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment