Sunday, September 27, 2009

Girl Talk....

Being a female i understand that gossiping is pretty much part of our DNA and I have fallen victim many times before to the occasional corner huddle with friends talking about “ooooooh girl i heard that...” and “mmmm hmmmm, apparently....”
Its addictive, quite unproductive and fun until its you they’re talking about.
I made a mistake some time in my past that involved a “lover”, some nude photographs and the internet which kinda made me topic of the day for a while.
A friend of mine came to Botswana on a business trip and I asked him if he heard about the photo’s and his expression told me that he’d not only seen them but had had many discussions about my scandalous activities with some friends while enjoying a beer or two. I still shudder to imagine how many weirdo’s had copied and pasted the photo.
And while I was in Uni because of the number of male friends i had every so often a rumour would come up about me dating or wanting so and so. I would hear how so and so doesn’t like you because you’re moving in on her man and etc. sigh.
So I got a little taste of what it was like to receive fake smiles from the same people who were spreading the stories. Why don’t people just live and let live?
In the same vein I refrain from divulging my personal stories to girls because plainly put I just don’t trust them. Twice I have told people I thought I could trust and people i thought had the sense to not broadcast everything I tell them, private stories and twice I was proven very wrong. In both cases the person that was the subject of the story came to me and asked why i felt it necessary to spread their personal stories.ugh!!How the ufck do you go straight to the subject and tell them everything and on top of that tell them your source?????really???
And this apprehension I have includes females in my family. After all if I wanted everyone to discuss my business with everyone I would just talk about it when they are all present or do the leg work and tell people individually.
And the number one thing I hate and try to avoid is groups of girls discussing matters of the heart. No valuable piece of advice concerning love has ever come out of a group of females in my experience. None. Notice I use the word group; I can get good advice out of one person most times but a group? Nope. It’s akin to mob mentality. Usually it’s just “let’s get him!” type of advice. They tell you shit like “dump him!” just bcz he didn’t call or chose to hang with his friends on one night instead of you, as though you’re the model girlfriend (no one is perfect).And any paranoia they have from their own relationships they come and dump it on you and most times it bears no relevance.
And when their irrational uninformed baseless thoughts become your thoughts: Houston! We have a problem!!
So I now attempt to keep my personal issues to myself save for the few people I actually trust and I only take advice from people who have proven themselves in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment